Through various accounting responsibilities, this position will analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
• Initiative, energy, passion and focus• Streamlined, thoughtful and disciplined execution• Commitment to continuous improvement• Relentless drive to achieve results
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Play an active role in the financial close process and preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliations.• Review and approve sales orders including set up of billing and revenue schedules as defined by contracted agreements.• Manage the collection of project time reports from various departments and time tracking tools to process Percentage of completion (PoC) revenue recognition.• Reconcile unearned revenue on a monthly basis, subsequent to the monthly invoicing cycle.• Develop inventory analysis reports and analyze variances / perform reconciliations• Maintain fixed asset & depreciation schedules, prepaids, accruals and other liabilities.• Ensure Sales & Use Tax compliance.• Assist with preparation of periodic financial reports and the related analysis.• Serve as one of the department’s “experts” in developing and managing the processes and workflows around the utilization and validation of data in NetSuite.• Identify and implement process improvements, automating manual processes.• Assist with various accounting tasks and special accounting projects as assigned by the V of finance.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, tax or finance required, CPA or CFA is a plus.
• Accounting systems experience, NetSuite experience is a plus.• High level of proficiency in all productivity tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); advanced Excel modeling skill is a plus.• Fundamental understanding of manufacturing and/or software business model
• 3+ years’ experience in accounting and/or Finance, Income tax experience is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.• Excellent communication skills.• Accurate and detail oriented.• Well organized.• Problem solving abilities.• Strong sense of urgency.
• Office environment.• General filing.• Drug-Free Workplace.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
• REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret and combine information from a variety of sources.
• MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Must be strong in math and general accounting skills.
• LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; to read at a slow rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation.
• Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and using adjectives and adverbs.
• Ability to communicate in complex sentences; using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.